|Continental Lanes Comments - Add your comment|
|Comment Date: 2/3/2014 Name: brandon blake|
|i went to bowl there and the lanes and machines were all missing.. i guess the whole place blew up|
|Comment Date: 12/1/2012 Name: Anonymous|
|been bowling here for the last 8 years and i have to say it's one of the best places around. staff is friendly and helpful, always reasonably priced, and the lanes always have oil which makes it a great shot. my average here over the years has only gone up.|
|Comment Date: 9/26/2012 Name: Erica J underwood|
|Later went too continental lanes to celebrate my daughter 8th birthdayThis place was kinda, nasty the owner was a rude and very disrespectful. My husband and I ordered a party tray and two pitchers of soda.The pizza was a hour late so the owner give me two free pitchers of pop. So later that day I went to get my other two pitchers of pop the owner told me, and my husband no because he give us two free ones but what does that have to do with the pop i purchased for my guest. If my pizza wasn't a hour late you would not have had to give, me the free soda in the first place. This place is not the same the,bathrooms are nasty the shoes are old . This place is just another hole in the wall. The owner loo is rude and A poor excuse of a business owner.|
|Comment Date: 4/20/2012 Name: LDLM Bowling Party(14 Apr 2012)|
|We had a wonderful time bowling/partying with family/friends. Staff (Joe) was so helpful Thx Much!!|
|Comment Date: 5/12/2009 Name: roen|
|The Summer Babes ad in the scs Sentinel highlights 'AAAA Club Charity Poker room' located inside the Lanes, but nothing about it @ www.continentallanes.com (for summer leagues and INFO)...|
|Comment Date: 8/27/2006 Name: Anonymous|
|In response to the golf customers being number, Continental doesn't even have a golf simulater. When i arrived back last season, i noticed that they opened up concourse and opened up the bar more for Kareokee. I was very excited and greatful about it. Continental is a great center and i work forward to bowling every week. It is an exceptional center. |
|Comment Date: 4/12/2006 Name: Anonymous|
|I used to bowl in a league at Continental Lanes but I quit because I just couldn't take any more of the place. I have been bowling for 30 years. As a PBA member who competes frequently in regional tournaments and occasionally in national tournaments, I have visited VERY many bowling centers through the years, but I can say beyond any doubt that Continental Lanes is the WORST bowling center that I have ever visited. Here's why:
1. The restrooms are all but unusable. They are frequently flooded and always filthy.
2. Score monitors often remain out of service for weeks and even months at a time.
3. Pinsetters with "no strike cycle" often remain unrepaired for weeks or even months at a time.
4. Although Continental Lanes is a bowling center, bowlers are third-class customers. Golf simulator customers are first-class customers. Lottery customers rank a close second. If a league bowler arrives early to get an open lane for practice, he may have to wait 10 to 15 minutes to get it while golf and lottery customers receive priority service over bowlers.
5. Continental Lanes completely ignores the Americans with Disabilities Act. The is a pet peeve of mine because my mother is disabled and uses a wheelchair. Continental Lanes has NO accessible lanes and NO accessible restrooms. On one occasion, I arrived for bowling and found the owner's car parked across TWO handicapped parking spaces without a permit. I wanted to ask him to move his car, but he was conveniently "in a meeting" and unavailable. I called the police and asked them to come and write him a ticket, which they did. Soon afterwards, the "Handicapped Parking Only" sign at the parking space closest to the front door was replaced with a "Reserved for C.E.O." sign!
6. On another occasion, I had to wait 20 minutes to shoot a spare during league play because center personnel could not be bothered to removed dead wood from the lane in front of the sweep. After numerous calls for assistance, the assistant manager told me to "keep [my] pants on, someone will be there as soon as we can get around to it." This was after a 20-minute wait. I finally walked down the gutter cap myself and removed my own dead wood. This resulted in me being lecutred on the P.A. system. Fifty-four lanes worth of bowlers heard me being lambasted for my dangerous and "####ing illegal" behavior. That was the last straw! Although I loved the league, I was no longer willing to put up with such gross mismanagement.|
|Comments about Continental Lanes, good and bad, are the opinions of visitors to this website and do not reflect the feelings and opinions of Bowling2u.com. This section is the result of the immense feedback from website visitors who have felt a need to express their positive and negative experinces about a particular bowling center. No entry to this list will be posted until verified by a real person to ensure that NO vulgarity is posted. However, we WILL NOT censor a visitor's comments about a negative experience and invite the centers to post their response.|